Why choose Women in Enterprise?
If your business is based in and around the Milton Keynes area then you’ll know that there are huge amount of networking opportunities available. Ensuring that you choose the right group to join and dedicate your time to is therefore very important.
Women in Enterprise has been established for more than three decades, making it one of oldest and most successful networking group in Milton Keynes.
We’re proud to be a not for profit organisation that provides an environment of trust in which we support, collaborate and enable our members and their businesses to grow.
Our volunteer committee is made up of women who run businesses in Milton Keynes and who believe passionately in the power of building relationships through regular contact. People buy people, which is why networking works….
Women in Enterprise is the perfect environment for individuals wishing to enjoy the opportunity to build relationships, and we actively encourage members and visitors alike to deepen those relationships outside of our events too – we see our role very much as catalysts!.
» View the Women in Enterprise Constitution document
About our meetings
We firmly believe that the best networking happens when people are relaxed and feel confident.
It’s our aim to ensure that, even if you’re completely new to networking, you feel comfortable and get the most out of the time you dedicate to being with us – after all, we’re all busy people! Committee members are always on hand to make you feel welcome, to answer questions and to help with introductions.
Our meetings are always well attended, vibrant events. We enjoy passing business to each other, collaborating and discussing issues that we face.
Our meetings vary slightly but here’s an idea of what to expect:
- A warm welcome from the committee and and update on business matters, events and news from our Chair.
- Welcoming of new members
- The opportunity to network, build relationships and collaborate with like-minded local business women.
- Time to book 1:1s with other members and visitors
- During our Networking coffees, member and visitors will have the opportunity to tell everyone about their business – you might choose to promote an event or describe a recent project or collaboration with another Women in Enterprise member.
- Speaker presentations and member spotlights are regular occurrences at our lunch events – providing inspiration advice and tips, whilst at the same time promoting our members’ businesses.
- We like to visit and support different local venues for our events – this is something that sets us apart as a network and that our members tell us that they enjoy.
- Business card draw
- Member birthday prize draw
If you have any questions please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Cancellation Policy
As members you’re all well aware that we’re a supportive, friendly group. It’s very much part of our DNA to want to get the best for you and for our guests.
When booking events, venues require a booking cut-off date so we can advise them of the number of attendees and menu choices. Reasons are varied, but venues may well be offering us a different menu to their regular selection or ordering food in advance to cater for our numbers. After we’ve confirmed menus and numbers, we’re locked in we are in a contract with the venue.
Of course, if we’re notified of a cancellation prior to the cut-off date, we’ll always endeavour to obtain a refund/offer the ticket to another if someone is unable to attend. However, please note that as volunteers, we don’t always have the resources or time to make last minute changes. For this reason, we’ve formalised our cancellation policy – which you will see below. We hope this clarification will assist everyone in the future.
Please note that by submitting a booking you are agreeing to our cancellation conditions.
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
If you’re unable to attend an event that you’ve booked, our policy is as follows:
- You must contact us by email at email@example.com to let us know that you are unable to attend.
- If notice is given BEFORE the advertised cut-off date you’ll be offered a full refund.
- For cancellations AFTER the advertised cut-off date, refunds or credits will not be possible. You may of course nominate someone to take your place and we’ll honour the price that you paid for your ticket (ie if your guest is a visitor we will still honour the member price) Please note that it will be your responsibility to settle the payment between yourselves.
- Please note that, should a ticket become available due to cancellation, we will advertise on our group WhatsApp forum. As above, it is the original booker’s responsibility to settle the payment.